Getting to Cyprus: Cyprus is conveniently located at the crossroads of three continents: Europe, Asia and Africa. Air travellers have two options: Larnaca (LCA) airport, situated in the southeast and Paphos (PFO) airport situated in the southwest of the island. Larnaca airport is the larger of the two airports and the closest to the University campus. Most European airlines offer connections to these two airports through their European hubs. It is also possible to reach Cyprus by sea through ferries that link Cyprus with Piraeus, the Greek islands and the Middle East.
Getting to the University of Cyprus: The University of Cyprus is located in Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus. The university campus is approximately 50 km from the Larnaca airport. The most convenient way to go from the airport to Nicosia is by taxi (the ride will cost approximately 50-60 Euro). Note that Nicosia is approximately 130 km from the Paphos airport. Other means of transportation is by using the transurban system. Route information can be found here. There are also transurban buses available from/to Larnaca and Pafos Airports. Timetables, addresses and fares please can be found here.
Getting to the Computer Science Department: The Computer Science Department is located within the campus of the University of Cyprus (Athalassa area, Nicosia) in the Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences Building.
Getting to Lecture Halls and Offices within the Main Campus: Please visit this link to locate and navigate to lecture halls and offices within the main campus buildings.
Getting to the CS Department from Larnaca (Airport), Limassol (Port) or Paphos (Airport)
See MAP-0 below:
- Follow a sign to "Nicosia" (or ask how to get on the main freeway).
- After about 40KM (from Larnaca), 75KM (from Limassol) or 140KM (from Paphos) you will be approaching Nicosia.
- On the hill climb, take the Exit towards "Strovolos" and stay right.
See MAP-1 below:
- At the round-about take the 3rd exit into "Καλαμών" (i.e., right after the Mercedes-Benz showroom) for 1.2KM
- At the round-about take the 1st exit into "Λεμεσού" (i.e., on the right you will observe the Nicosia General Hospital) for 0.8KM
- At the next round-about take the 2nd exit onto a street denoted on the map as B1 for 0.8KM
See MAP-2 below:
- At the end of B1 turn right onto "Aθαλάσσας" for 2.6KM (you will be going through a forest)
See MAP-3 below:
- Turn left in order to continue on "Aθαλάσσας"
- At the round-about take the 3rd exit (you will be entering one of the UCY campus entrances)
- You will then find a smaller round-about within the UCY campus, take the 2nd exit.
- Continue straight and you will see place on your left where you can park your car (right before the 1st building you observe, which belongs to the Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences)
Please notice that although most parking slots on the UCY campus are only accessible with a special permit, there are some additional parking slots (clearly indicated) that are freely accessible. Please do not park you car in a non-designated area as the campus security will be immobilizing your car (and mobilizing it will require paying a fine).